Velkommen til International School Telemark.
We are an exciting and growing international school situated in Porsgrunn, an attractive coastal town in Vestfold-Telemark County, Norway. There are over 25 different nationalities among the students, parents and staff of IST. The school was established in 2004 and has steadily grown over the last 15 years to have over 190 students from Grade 1 to Grade 10.
Vi er en IB World School og tilbyr International Baccalaureate (IB) barne- (PYP) og ungdomsskole (MYP) program til elever fra hele verden: www.ibo.org IST er medlem av European Council of International Schools: www.ecis.org og fast medlem av Nordic Network of International Schools: www.nordicnetworkonline.net/
Egenskaper ved IST inkluderer:
- Internasjonal undervisning av høy kvalitet i små klasser;
- Et utfordrende og stimulerende pensum i et multi-kulturelt miljø;
- Exciting and creative teaching that engages students and responds to their diverse skills and needs;
- Excellent Grade 10 results (Grunnskolepoeng);
- The use of English as the working language of the school;
- Well qualified, dedicated and professional staff;
- Strong links to other international schools and the IB;
- The promotion of Norwegian as the host country language, and of both international and Norwegian culture;
- Strong links and cooperation with other international schools and the local community in Telemark;
- Approval by Utdanningsdirekoratet (The Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training) and full compliance with the private school legal framework.
- Excellent school work and social environment.
Our whole school and community focus for this academic year is on the school environment, especially our core goal of quality learning and wellbeing for all. This focus also includes respect, resilience, responsibility and reliability.
We look forward to seeing you at IST.
Dr Richard Caffyn (Principal)