Telemark - Norway in miniature
The Vestfold and Telemark region of Norway currently has more than 425,000 inhabitants. The area is large and diverse, with coastline and maritime environment, winding through industrial areas with beautiful landscapes to the surrounding high mountains.
5 good reason to move to Porsgrunn
- Good area to grow up in, with the International School, good kindergartens, and several choices for university.
- Rich culture and experiences are available for all ages.
- Wonderful natural area: from the coast to the mountains and the rich forests.
- Exciting job opportunities in many different businesses and careers.
- Short distances to Oslo, ferries and airports.
40 minutes to the nearest international airport,
to the main motorways
3 minutes walk to public transportation
10 minutes to the public train station
10 minutes to Porsgrunn Centre
2 hours- Oslo
2 hours – Kristiansand
2,5 hours – Rauland
Photo: Kåre Pedersen
Live and Work in Telemark
Vestfold-Telemark is a county with over 425 000 inhabitants. The county is large and scenically varied, with a long coastline and maritime environment as well as extensive industry, history and high mountains.
IST is located in the region of Grenland, an important centre of industry, commerce and trade with around 122 000 inhabitants. The region, which is part of the wider Oslo and SE Norwegian suburban area, includes the large towns of Skien and Porsgrunn.
Sea and mountains of possibilities
Telemark has something for everyone, from the coast to the high mountains. From swimming in Bø Sommarland, hiking, cycling and skiing holidays to spectacular world history such as the Industrial Heritage Rjukan – Notodden and Henrik Ibsen. Adventure in bag & sack. Most of it is just outside your front door!