This temporary position is to act as a specialist teacher in Learning Support (LS) working with SEN students (Special Educational Needs) and including teaching language attainment and improvement skills to students in both English and Norwegian. The position will both teach and manage work with
vedtak individuals and groups of students, particularly in Grades 1-6. The post will begin Mon 9
The position will include the following areas of responsibility:
- Teaching and working with SEN/LS students
- Support and assistance with the management and leadership of SEN/LS
- Case managing student referrals, assessment, testing and documentation
- Documentation and liaison with parents and external organisations
- Assessment and student monitoring of progress
- Teaching reading to beginning and struggling readers.
- Assist in improvement strategies for struggling readers.
- Development and implementation of literacy improvement plan
- Meet with literacy and math coordinators.
- Conduct pre and post-testing using standardized tests for each student
- Demonstrate competency in all subject areas
- Participate in the identification of students with possible disabilities
- Provide direct student instruction
- Collaborate with grade level and subject teachers
- Plans lessons that reflect accommodations and modifications for individual differences.
- Implements positive behavioral interventions and supports with discipline management
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques incorporating current technology.
- Differentiates instruction for students with disabilities by employing a variety of instructional
- Differentiate instruction for students with language deficits (English, Norwegian)
- Engages students in work that develops thinking skills.
Bachelor’s degree in teaching primary or secondary students; Specialist training in Learning Support Preferable qualifications: BA in Special Education, English as a Second language (ESL), Reading
Relevant primary or secondary teaching experience. Experience working with diverse student groups, learning abilities and challenges.
Knowledge and experience in international schools or in an international/English language structure an advantage.
How to apply
Please apply as soon as possible with a letter of application outlying your skills, experience and interest in the position and school, and include your most recent CV and three references. Deadline for applications is Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Send applications to: email@example.com or contact for further information about the position.