Welcome to the International School Telemark.
We are an exciting and growing international school situated in Porsgrunn, an attractive coastal town in Vestfold-Telemark County, Norway. There are over 25 different nationalities among the students, parents and staff of IST. The school was established in 2004 and has steadily grown over the last 15 years to have over 190 students from Grade 1 to Grade 10.
We are an IB World School and offer the primary (PYP) and middle years (MYP) programmes of the International Baccalaureate (IB) to students from all over the world: www.ibo.org IST is a member of the European Council of International Schools: www.ecis.org and a regular member of the Nordic Network of International Schools: www.nordicnetworkonline.net/
Features of IST include:
- High quality international education in small classes;
- A challenging and stimulating curriculum in a multi-cultural environment;
- Exciting and creative teaching that engages students and responds to their diverse skills and needs;
- Excellent Grade 10 results (Grunnskolepoeng);
- The use of English as the working language of the school;
- Well qualified, dedicated and professional staff;
- Strong links to other international schools and the IB;
- The promotion of Norwegian as the host country language, and of both international and Norwegian culture;
- Strong links and cooperation with other international schools and the local community in Telemark;
- Approval by Utdanningsdirekoratet (The Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training) and full compliance with the private school legal framework.
- Excellent school work and social environment.
Our whole school and community focus for this academic year is on the school environment, especially our core goal of quality learning and wellbeing for all. This focus also includes respect, resilience, responsibility and reliability.
We look forward to seeing you at IST.
Dr Richard Caffyn (Principal)